Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day 11 Turkey Day

Today is Thanksgiving. If any day is a must for a work-out, it is today. This is the day most Americans will over eat and eat poorly. Realizing this, I decided to go for a run this morning. I had a great run. I ran for 3.5 miles. At first i started off slow, my knees ached and did not think I'd run that far however every step I took, it felt better and better. Before i knew it i was in the zone. I was experiencing that "runner's high". I decided i was gonna push myself so I can enjoy this day. I was recalling how in 2002 I was running the Turkey Trot oversea. The distance was a 3.5 mile run so it was only fitting that I ran that distance again. I felt great. Today I am grateful for my family and friends. I am grateful for being on day 11 without neglecting my goal to become healthier and better shape. Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment