Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 2

I slept well last night. I did not work-out or run this morning because I had my State of the Station (SOS) presentation to give at my Corpus station this morning at 0715. I normally need time to set up therefor i did not want to chance being late. I did get a chance to run & work out today. It was awesome. I went to the beach and ran for almost 3 miles. I'm no where near the shape I used to be but it felt great being out there. The weather was perfect, sun shining and a nice gulf breeze. The coolest part of the run happened toward the end of my run. This time of year is butterfly season in south TX. There are millions out here. Well toward the end of my run i had almost 20-30 butterflies running (actually flying) right next to me at the same pace i was running. Talk about inspiring. Just at the time i started getting tired they were next to me almost encouraging me to run a bit fast and further. Its the little things in life that if we look tell us we are on the right path and doing the right things. Sydney would have gotten a kick out of it if she was running next to me.

Shortly after my run, i went home and had a quick back and arm work-out. It felt good to be back in the gym. I can feel the difference already. Tomorrow i will attempt to get up early and work out and run. Once again, thank you everyone for reading my blog. This has helped me stay focused and stick to my work-outs. Also feel free to add comments, i always love hearing from everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment